Drawings and Prints
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, one of the world’s finest museums, seeks an Assistant/Associate Curator, Drawings and Prints who oversees every aspect of the department's comprehensive collection of Modern and Contemporary prints and illustrated books from acquiring, researching and publishing the works to organizing exhibitions and administering loans.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Care for the collection including maintenance and cataloguing;
• Research and publish the collection;
• Propose and organize exhibitions;
• Propose acquisitions;
• Cultivate support for the department;
• Administer loan requests;
• Other related duties.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Experience and Skills:
• Knowledge of Modern and Contemporary works on paper and illustrated books required.
• Proficiency in at least one foreign language required.
Knowledge and Education:
• Ph.D. or equivalent experience preferred.
Application Deadline: September 24, 2014.
The Assistant/Associate Curator, Drawings and Prints, is a full-time position and includes full benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Send cover letter, indicating position of interest, resume, and salary history to:
as a Word attachment only
with “Asst/Assoc Curator, Drawings and Prints” in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: 24 Sep 14