The Auction Houses
• One of Sotheby’s top dealmakers, Cheyenne Westphal, has been appointed the chairman of Phillips. Other recent appointments include Jonathan Horwich as a senior director and specialist in 20th-century and contemporary art in London; Blake Koh, as a senior vice president and the representative for the West Coast; and Kevie Yang, as an associate vice president and specialist in 20th-century and contemporary art.
• Nick Hemming-Brown is leaving Dickinson gallery to join Sotheby’s in September.
• The arts writer, editor and consultant, Myrna Ayad is the new director of Art Dubai. She replaces Antonia Carver who has been named global director of Art Jameel, the Saudi Arabian arts and culture foundation.
• The Beirut Art Fair has announced the selection committee for its 7th edition, including Basel Dalloul, Hou Hanru, Abraham Karabajakian, Jean-Hubert Martin and Tarek Nahas. The fair will take place from 15 to 18 September.
• The curator Alessandro Rabottini has been appointed the director of MiArt fair in Milan.
• The World Photography Organisation has announced that its international art fairs will now be under the new brand, Photofairs. Upcoming fairs include Shanghai, 9-11 September 2016, and San Francisco, 27-29 January 2017.
• Di Donna is moving to a new location on Madison Avenue and 65th Street, New York. The venue is due to open on 13 October with a non-selling show of abstract art.
• 303 Gallery has moved to a new space on 555 West 21st Street, New York. The gallery will present its first solo exhibition with Alicja Kwade, until 30 June.
• A new space, Sid Motion Gallery, opens on 8 June in a converted betting shop in London’s Kings Cross. The inaugural exhibition will be a group painting show called What’s It Going to Be? (until 31 July).
• Proving the art world is a very small place, Gagosian Gallery is once again representing Damien Hirst after a four-year break from the British artist, and Julian Schnabel, who previously showed with Gagosian, is now represented by Pace. Galerie Max Hetzler no longer represents Mona Hatoum. The London-based, Lithuanian artist Indrė Šerpytytė has joined Parafin and the Belgian artist Guillaume Bijl has joined the Copenhagen gallery Nicolai Wallner. Salon 94 now represents Judy Chicago, Galeria Nara Roesler represents Eduardo Navarro, Mark Moore represents Heidi Schwegler, and Casa Triângulo has added the Chilean artist Felipe Mujica to its roster.