The Art Newspaper is looking for an Associate Digital Editor to join its dynamic team of online journalists and editors based in London. The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience of writing and editing content with accuracy and speed. An ability to work well to deadline and under pressure is essential.
The Associate Digital Editor will work closely with the Digital Editor to manage the busy website covering art news internationally.
The salary is £32,000.
- Working with the Digital Editor to edit articles for the website
- Following and maintaining editorial standards according to The Art Newspaper’s style guide
- Pitching and writing articles across all sections of the publication
- Helping to curate the homepage and website fronts
- Following online art news closely and identifying important stories and trends for commissioning
- Contributing to special projects including fair dailies, regional focuses and investigative reports
- Overseeing and growing our social media channels
- Assisting with the publication of newsletters
Key skills and experience
- At least three years' experience in a similar editorial role
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines, with excellent organisational skills
- Excellent news and analytical writing skills, with accurate grammar
- Experience of using CMS software to write, edit and post articles online
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to deal effectively with colleagues and correspondents
- Experience using social media for business
- Understanding of journalistic norms, ethics and professional practice
- Good working knowledge of InDesign and basic Photoshop skills preferred but not essential
- Degree in journalism or art history
How to apply
This is a full-time, London-based position. Interested candidates should send a CV with a cover letter and three recent writing samples to email@example.com by Tuesday 11 April.
The Art Newspaper is an equal opportunity employer committed to building an equitable workforce and promoting qualified persons regardless of race, gender, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period will be open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.
About The Art Newspaper
For more than 30 years, The Art Newspaper has been covering the world of art—and the world in which art happens. We write about all the latest developments, but also analyse the most significant events and trends, looking at how the international landscape of art and culture shapes—and is shaped by—politics, society, the economy, technology and the environment.
We serve an international audience, offering multichannel access to breaking news, agenda-setting investigations and stimulating insights and opinion from around the globe.
With correspondents working in more than 30 countries, our expert, independent reporting makes us the most trusted resource for the art industry as well as for collectors, art advisers, policymakers, artists, museum professionals and those who enjoy visiting art fairs and exhibitions. The Art Newspaper benefits from being part of an international network of titles with editorial offices in London, New York, Paris, Turin, Moscow and Shanghai.
UPDATE: Applications for this position are no longer accepted